Sunday, April 15, 2012

Following/locating Impulses

When I had started following EW study, I used to feel that Impulses would be very easy to follow as there were only two forms:
1. The 5 sub-waves form with mostly an extended 3rd sub-wave;
2. Diagonal with 4th subwave overlapping 1st and either sw1>sw3>sw5 or sw1<sw3<sw5.

But gradually, in the era of algo-trading it has not been so simple.
Gap-ups/downs and sharp intraday moves(where more than 100 points gain/drop occurs in 5 minutes) are becoming order of the day.
On 12.4.12 and 13.4.12 such instances dominated:


And let me try marking the Impulses one- by- one:

And last but not the least:


I had noticed these Impulse forms earlier also and tried to enumerate them as follows:

But my well-wishers had shrugged them aside for want of more literature from some "established & accepted" Gurus.
To that I would say:
"Haath kangan ko aarsee kya---?
( you are not expected to need a mirror for the ornaments in your forearm)

Raghu

2 comments: